WATCH LIVE as Gambakwe Media looks at the firing of Zimbabwe intelligence Minister, Owen “Mudha” Ncube (53) from his position by Mnangagwa this week.
Key Points for discussion
- Why did Mnangagwa publicly fire Ncube?
- What are the implications for Mnangagwa of firing Ncube?
2. Who will replace Owen Ncube?
3. Who is Owen Mudha Ncube?
1. The appointment of Ncube was a break from tradition from the beginning. He was not welcomed by the security structures.
2. Mnangagwa always protected Ncube due to the Midlands connection.
3. Ncube was fired for something that happened recently.
4. Mnangagwa is heavily exposed by the firing of Ncube.
5. A suitable replacement for Ncube must be found that balances Mnangagwa’ s interests and who is acceptable to the security structures.
Please watch the video above this post for more details.
About Owen Mudha Ncube.
- Born on 17 April 1968
- Born in Kwekwe
- Diploma in English and PR
- Farmer, businessman and Gold dealer.
- 2013 – MP for Gokwe Kana constituency
- Minister of State for Midlands Province
- Minister of State in the president’s office for National Security