WATCH as economist, John Robertson speaks to Trevor Ncube about business, life and politics.
– His mother ‘s maiden name McDonald, she started a very successful construction company that built the bigger part of Bulawayo.
– Rhodesian government was supportive of business, the new government has demotivated business because of poor policies.
– Wealth is not the money, its the knowledge about how to make money.
– The new government has a belief of re distribution of wealth instead of creation of wealth.
– The Zimbabwe government is trying to take control.
– Governments all over the world are not good at this.
– The Reserve Bank should have a local currency that is acceptable for foreign currency.
– There is too much arbitrage opportunity.
– People are taking the easy way of making money.
– Only 100 people are benefiting from the arbitrage and this must be brought to an end.
Please watch the video above this post for more details.