Finance Minister Professor Mthuli Ncube has introduced new measures to stabilise the exchange rate and the macro economy.
In a press stament, Prof Mthuli said the government introduced several policy measures to stabilise the economy including lifting of all restrictions on import of basic commodities.
Below are the new policy measures:
1.100% Retention of Domestic Foreign Currency Earnings. The RBZ will with effect from 15 May exempt all goods from domestic sales in foreign currency from the 15% surrender equipment.
2. All external loans to the government will now be transferred from the RBZ to the treasury.
3. The Foreign Exchange Auction System will now be fine tuned and more enhanced.
4. Lifting of all restrictions on import of basic commodities.
5. Introduce supportive enterest rates enviroment
6. Promote use of Local currench by government agencies.
7. Enhance gold coins and gold backed digital tokens.