Watch LIVE as Gambakwe Media looks at the latest developments surrounding the GoFundMe campaign which was set up to $120 000 for Nelson Chamisa’s bullet proof car.
Gambakwe Media sources have exclusively revealed that concerned US authorities have blocked the release of the funds since the target was reached on 7 December 2021.
Attempts to motivate for the funds to be released since December have failed. (It normally takes 5 days for the funds to be released.)
A US based lawyer has been hired to try and get GoFundMe to reverse the decision by GoFuneMe
The funds were reportedly blocked for the following reasons:
- The team raising funds has been linked to Zimbabwe intelligence. US authorities have been made to believe that the funds may end up falling into the hands of ZANU PF. The GoFundme team is made up of T Basvi, Henry Munashe Jaji, Juma Ulete, Daniel Kron, Tino Mudzekenyedzi and Munyaradzi Ncube. None of the members in the team are part of the CCC. Competing factions in the CCC do not want this team to take credit for buying Chamisa a car and have provided credible information linking the fund raising team to Zimbabwe intelligence.
- The fundraising campaign violates a number GoFundMe terms of service which includes those on miliary equipment, election campaigns and fund raising in jurisdictions that are under sanctions.
- There are concerns that the GoFundMe campaign was used to mine data on CCC supporters, including their addresses and phone numbers as these were provided during the payment process.
- jelousy members of the CCC have been calling GoFundMe demanding their money back, resulting in the campaign being flagged.
- On the other hand, a new car has already been made available for Chamisa to use during his trips in Zimbabwe which is already in Harare.
Please watch the video above this post for more details.