South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa, says there has been a marked rise in new Coronavirus Infections per week over the past three weeks.
There is now an average of 3000 new cases a day. Yesterday, SA recorded 4000 new infections. The largest number of infections ever.
Nelson Mandela bay, Garden route district and the Sarah Baartman district.
– Many people travelling in large numbers
– Seasonal workers
– Religious gatherings such as funerals and religious gathering.
– People are not wearing masks
Hospitals have recorded trauma related admissions.
– Making more capacity available in Western Town and Eastern Cape.
We need to keep the economy open. There will be additional measures in hotspot.
Declare the Nelson Mandela Bay district a Hotspot.
The following additional meauses will. Apply :
– Curfew from 10 pm to 4pm
– Sale of Alcohol from 10am to 6pm Monday to Thursday
– Consumption of alcohol in public areas is prohibited
– Religious gathering limited yto100 for indoor events and 250 for outdoor events or less than 60% of the carrying capacity of the venues.
– All after years parties are prohibited.
– The initiation ceremony will go ahead as traditional leaders have provided a risk adjusted plan.
No initiation school will be allowed in Nelson Mandela Bay.
A number of fines have been introduced for those who break against the rules.
The Solidarity fund in South Africa has made a contribution of R300 Million for the procurement of Coronavirus Vaccines.
Ramaphosa said SA is participating in the global Corvex facility that aims to pool resources to develop an affordable vaccine.
Please watch the videos above this post for more details.