Dr Peter Magombeyi has been missing since Sunday when he sent a message to a group of Doctors that he has been Abducted.
About Dr Peter Magombeyi
– Dr Magombeyi graduated from NUST last year he is a JRMO at Harare Hospital
– He was at Mpopoma High for high school
– Has no wife and kids
– Was born in 1992
– He was the Acting President of Zimbabwe Hospital Doctors Association
– And was a generally quiet young man
– He went missing after receiving threats from a certain cellphone number whose screenshots he sent on Twitter to a group of Doctors
– He is currently on his first year of internship
Sequence of events
– Last week Junior doctors started a soft strike after declaring incapacitation
– Dr Mugombeyi received threatening messages
– The full blown Zimbabwe Doctors Strikes was supposed to start on Monday.
The doctors in Zimbabwe are earning very low salaries and have to work under difficult conditions.
Zimbabwe junior Doctors are currently earning:
350 basic salary
400 housing allowance
The rest is on-call allowances
The total net salary is Z$ 1 900
There are still no medicines in Government hospitals. Doctors have to buy their own safety gear like gloves and hand washing soaps.
Doctors also have to watch helplessly as patients suffer from lack of care and medication in the hospitals.
– The Zimbabwe government is directly involved in Peter Magombeyi ‘s abduction to prevent the doctors strike that was supposed to start on Monday
– The very public abduction of Dr Magombeyi was a warning to other civil servants who may want to demonstrate
– The situation regarding doctors needs an urgent solution