Born on 30 July 1985
Father – Stephen Mahere
Primary School – ?
High School – Arundel High School
University of Zimbabwe ○ 2004 – 2008 ○ Bachelors of Law Honours degree (LLB Hnrs)
University of Cambridge ○ 2011 ○ Master of Laws, International Criminal Law & International Commercial Litigation (LLM)
- 2007 – 2009, Lawyer at Gollop & Blank Legal Practioners, Zimbabwe
- 2008, Legal Researcher, United Nations, Tanzania
- 2009 – 2010, International Criminal Lawyer (Prosecution division), International Criminal Court, The Hague
- 2012 – Present, Advocate, Advocate’s Chambers, Zimbabwe
- 2012 – Present, Law Lecturer at The University of Zimbabwe
Fadzayi was part of the delegation put together to meet with Reserve Bank Governor, John Mangudya, on the issue pertaining the introduction of the bond note where she pointed out how the bond note was unconstitutional in accordance with Chapter 17 of the Constitution.
Actively began motivating and mobilising people via social media channels such as Facebook Live and Twitter to rise against the government in the #ThisFlag movement.
Fadzayi called out Pastor Evan Mawarire for leaving the country highlighting how it was a betrayal of the #ThisFlag movement.
Wrote an open letter to former president of Zimbabwe, R.G Mugabe on her Facebook wall questioning him on the purpose of the enactment of freedom of expression in the new Constitution.
Fadzayi announced her bid to contest for the Mt Pleasant Constituency Member of Parliament seat in the 2018 elections as an independent candidate. She however lost to MDC’s Samuel Banda
As an Independent Candidate she was arrested in 2017 at Groombridge Primary School after organising the Shanduko soccer tournament in her constituency and was charged under the Public Order and Security Act (POSA).
Was part of the Lawyers’ March in protest against the state of rule of law in Zimbabwe.
Started a massive campaign against Zimbabwe banks on various unfair practices such as high bank fees and conversion of real USD deposits to worthless Bond notes
Mahere in June 2019 on her Twitter and Facebook accounts, announced an unexpected move to the MDC Alliance
- Had a Twitter spat where Petina Gappah accused her of “trying to get into her man’s pants” , threatening to release the evidence.
- Fadzayi labelled a “Husband Snatcher” by Acie Lumuba.