Full Name – Jonathan Nathaniel Mlevu Moyo
Born on 12 January 1957
Wife – Beatrice Moyo
Children – Tawanda Moyo, Lungile Moyo, Nokuthula Moyo
Mother – ?
Father – Melusi Job Mlevu ( ZAPU Councillor Killed during Gukurahundi in 1982)
Brothers – Similo Mlevu
Primary School – Mbiriya Primary School ( Tsholotsho North)
High Shool – Mpopoma High School
? – University of Zimbabwe (Public Policy)
1988 – Doctor of Philosophy ( Public Administration) – University of California
1988 – Lecturer University of Zimbabwe
1993 – Program Director – Ford Foundation (Kenya)
1998 – Researcher Wits University SA ( Kellog Foundation Grant)
2000 – Minister of Information and Publicity
2005 – MP Tsholotsho
2013 – Minister of Information and Publicity
2015 – MP Tsholotso North
2017 Minister of Higher and Tertiary Education
Books Written or Co-Written
1992 – Politics of the national purse: Public budgeting as public policy in Zimbabwe
1992 – Voting for democracy: A study of electoral politics in Zimbabwe
2019 – EXCELGATE: How Zimbabwe’s 2018 presidential election was stolen
– Jonathan Moyo was accused of embezzling funds in Kenya ( Ford Foundation), South Africa (WITS) and Zimbabwe ( Ministry of Education).
– Jonathan Moyo’s enemies in ZANU-PF spread rumours that he was the son of Ndabaningi Sithole.
– Jonathan Moyo’s enemies in ZANU-PF spread rumours that he was behind the death of Jackie Madondo who reportedly had his love child.
– Most Zimbabweans blame Jonathan Moyo for most of Mugabe ‘s extreme policies such as local content on local TV and Radio Stations and Repressive laws against demonstrations (AIPPA)
– Jonathan Moyo was reportedly allocated three farms which were seized during Robert Mugabe’s chaotic land redistribution program.
– Jonathan Moyo was seen as an infiltrator in ZANU-PF who wanted to reform it from within. He was involved in various plots such as the Tsholotsho declaration where Mnangagwa was reportedly plotting to topple Mugabe. He sued John Nkomo and Dumiso Dabengwa over these allegations.
– Jonathan Moyo was reportedly photographed by Zimbabwe intelligence beating up his wife in a hotel room. This was done through a bathroom window.
– 17 Oct 2015, Zanele Moyo was found dead in her room at the University of Cape Town
– 17 Nov 2017,Jonathan Moyo was reportedly part of the G40 Cabal that had too much influence over Mugabe and he escaped being shot during the Zimbabwe Coup code-named “Operation Restore Legacy” which was launched in November 2017. This resulted in Jonathan Moyo fleeing Zimbabwe and settling in exile – Reportedly in Kenya.