- Strive Masiyiwa is a Zimbabwean Billionaire
- In January , His net worth was estimated at over $3 Billion Dollars
- He has interests in Telecoms and Banking .
- He lives Between London, New York and South Africa
Strive Masiyiwa was born on 29 January 1961- In Zimbabwe
Mother and Father ( Cant find Info)
Tanya Masiyiwa, Vimbai Masiyiwa, Sarah Masiyiwa, Joanna Masiyiwa, Esther Masiyiwa, Moses Masiyiwa – His Eldest Daughters are attending universities in New York.
In 1968, His Parents fled to Kitwe , Zambia where he attended primary school in Zambia.
Completed Secondary in Edinburgh, Scotland.
He holds a degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Wales.
In 2012 Masiyiwa was awarded a Honorary doctorate for his humanitarian work and philanthropy from Morehouse College.
In 1984 He started to work for PTC
In 1998 – He started Retrofit Engineering with the help of IFC
In 1989 he left PTC shortly focus on his electrical company retrofit.
Business Life and Key transactions
- In 1998 started operating and was listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange
- In 1998 – Strive Masiyiwa Established Mascom Botswana
- In 2000, Strive left Zimbabwe to live in South Africa.
- In 2001, Econet Established the first GSM Network in Nigeria
- In 2005 – MTN Acquired 44% Stake in Mascom
- In 2006 Econet entered the New Zealand Market In Partnership with Huawei
- In 2011 Ecocash Mobile Banking was launched
- In 2012 Econet Bought OUT Tawanda Nyambirai out of TN Bank
- In 2016 Econet Global Bought Neotel for R6 Billion Rands
- In 2019, Econet Wireless is buying Back Mascom for 300 Million
Up to 2018, Strive Masiyiwa had managed to stay out of the public limelight
However, in 2018, all hell broke loose.
Before the Elections – His company Econet was accused of leaking subscribers details to ZANU-PF who used these numbers for targeted sms campaigning.
The most recent controversy is when Strive Masiyiwa came out and expressed his support for the Government of ED Mnangagwa. He was sharply criticized for asking the US Government to remove Sanctions on ED Mnangagwa. While keeping silent in the face of Human Rights violations.
Currently, Strive Masiyiwa is taking a number of Zimbabwe Bloggers alleging that they are part of a broad smear campaign against it.
Strive and his Wife Tsitsi have done a lot of philanthropic work and you can see a full list of their many generous giving to Charities on the Econet Website. recently, Econet gave millions to the Cyclone Idai Relief efforts.
His Facebook Page has over 3.5 Million Likes and followers from all over the World.
If anyone knows
- In Which Province of Zimbabwe Strive Was born
- Where Strive Masiyiwa went to Primary School
- Which School He went to Secondary School
Put it in the comments and I will send you a present!