Zimbabwean economist, Eddie Cross, has revealed that the country is set to experience massive growth due to various factors. Eddie cross was speaking to Arise Africa news TV channel.
- There is a building boom with over one million houses under construction from the Diaspora community.
- We are selling 4 million tonnes of cement this year.
- Everywhere you look , you see trucks carrying bricks.
- There are about 5 million adult Zimbabweans working in South Africa, with about 500 000 of those in executive positions.
- Over 50% of all education costs are paid by Diaspora Zimbabweans.
- Investments in mining are at their highest levels, Platinum, Lithium and Gold, these are set to continue. There is a massive investment by China in the steel sector.
- There is over $6 billion investment in capacity across the mining sector.