Watch Live as Gambakwe Media looks at the recent viral story that Zimbabwe will be introducing a new crypto currency (crypto coin).
Key points for discussion
- Why is the RBZ and the ministry of finance quiet?
- Where did the story come from?
- What problem is the RBZ trying to solve?
- What is the problem with ecocash?
- What are the other case studies from other central banks?
- Recommendations for Zimbabwe?
- What is the future of Crypto?
- What are the key risks and opportunities of crypto for Zimbabwe?
Please watch the video above this post for more details.
Key developments in Crypto
- El Salvado became the first country to introduce bitcoin as legal tender – 7 September 2021
- Nigeria rolls out National digital currency – 21 October 2021
- Case study for South Africa – Luno.