WATCH LIVE as Gambakwe Media speaks to Dr Feddious Mutenheri about recent political developments in Zimbabwe.
This week, the MDC-T National chairman, Morgen Komich called for the postponment of the 2023 elections stating that they are a waste of time.
This is not the first time such a call has been made. In 2019, the Christian Heads of Christian Denominations approached both President Mnangagwa and MDC Alliance leader, Nelson Chamisa with a proposal for a seven year sabbath.
At the time, the proposal was rejected by both leaders as being illegal and unneccessary.
In this panel discussion, we look at the latest call for the postponement of both the by-elections and 2023 harmonised elections.
Key points for discussion:
- Are the reasons being given for poll cancellations valid?
- Previous calls for poll postponement (Seven year sabbath by ZHOCD)
- Is the legal framework in place for poll postponement?
- Are the ordinary citizens involved in these deliberations on poll postponement?
- Can elections solve the problems in Zimbabwe?
Please watch the video above this post for more details.