GAMBAKWE HOUSING PROJECT DISCUSSION SUMMARY
10-11 APRIL 2020
JUST WANTED TO ASKED IF WE ARE ALL PAYING IN $US DOLLARS OR IN WHATEVER CURRENCY ONE IS USING IN THE COUNTRY HE/ SHE IS RESIDING.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE MADE TO YOUTUBE AND THE CONVERT ALL FUNDS FROM THEIR RESPECTIVE CURRENCIES TO RANDS
IF ALL GOES WELL ARE WE GOING TO BE INVITED FOR A STAKE HOLDERS MEETING IN SOUTH AFRICA IN THE FUTURE?
THE GENERAL MEETING WILL BE HELD ON ZOOM. GAMBAKWE WILL BE VISITING DIFFERENT UK AND AUSTRALIA IN DECEMBER FOR MARKETING PURPOSES.
THE OTHER THING IS, WHEN I JOINED I THOUGHT THIS PROJECT WAS FOR PROPERTY INVESTMENT. WHEN I LISTEN TO GAMBAKWE’ S VIDEOS SOUNDS LIKE IT’S NOT FOR PROPERTY INVESTMENTS. MY BE I’M GETTING IN PROPERLY, MY BE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME.
THIS IS AN INVESTMENT GROUP. OUR FIRST PROJECT IS THE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT, HOWEVER, WE WILL ALSO VENTURE INTO OTHER AREAS
I AM SCEPTICAL ABOUT HOUSING CO OPERATIVES HAVING OBSERVED PEOPLE BEING SHORTCHANGED AND ENDING WITH DEMOLITIONS I MAY NEED GOOD EXPLANATIONS FOR ME TO TRUST THAT MODEL
THE OPINION TO FORM A COOPERATIVE IS NOT FINAL. LET US DISCUSS AND AGREE ON THE STRUCTURE.
I WOULD LIKE US TO PROPOSE A NAME FOR THE GROUP
IT’S TOO EARLY TO SUGGEST A NAME WITH 47 MEMBERS WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 53, THEY VOTE AND VOICES ALSO COUNT
HOW SECURE IS THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM?
The online registration form is only visible to the developer.
I need to know what happens to the funding now when we are 50
We continue contributing for 12 months. And then we start the projects. If we agree on limiting to 50, it means we stop taking new members. We also have to consider moving our payments off YouTube Into a bank account. This will ensure that we do away with the 30%
Will we still be able to raise enough money to get us going?
The money we are raising is a project fee. The money for the project will come from our future activities and funding arrangements. The project fee will never be enough. Even if we have 100 people. We will need to go into Joint ventures and partnerships.
- Why are we having issues with people in Botswana? Is it their system or they a true strict in these types of arrangements. What could be the snag?
- Talking about documents, we are not talking about Zimbabwean documents only or are we? Meaning one has to upload his/her Zimbabwe document. Some people have sole citizenship of their residency. Issues of dual citizenship or none existence of dual nationality in our country of birth.
- WHAT NAME SHOULD WE REGISTER THE GROUP AS?
MAJORITY VOTE- ZIMBABWE DIASPORA INVESTORS GROUP.
- SHOULD WE APPROACH GOVERNMENT FOR LAND?
MAJORITY VOTE- YES
- SHOULD WE LIMIT OUR MEMBERSHIP TO 50 MEMBERS ONLY INSTEAD OF 100?
MAJORITY VOTE- YES
- Gambakwe my suggestion is to use these two months for brainstorming, introductions, getting to know each other more while we are waiting for remaining before we can vote or make any major decisions.
- Why changing the idea of having 100 members now. If we wait for remaining 53 we then include everyone in the decision making process.
- We also have to consider moving our payments off YouTube
- Gambakwe my opinion is I would need an agenda next time so that members can talk about it so that we don’t get lost too much, they can do more for us and move our mission forward because they are helping our system and they are also within us.
- My understanding is that we will also need to get our government involved. We are not going to grab land illegally but we might purchase land from the government or from Private people bur if the government gives us free land why not take it. The government is made up of politicians by the way.
- Let us all sell this idea to our friends and families not all do watch Gambakwe on line so it’s all up to us all to go out there and tell everyone Zimbabwean this brilliant idea thank you.
- After sharing the certificate, suggestion is it needs to be signed by: at least Two company’s directors; or. A director/CEO/chairperson &the secretary; or In the event that the group has no secretary but single director then, the director/CEO/chairperson in the presence of an eyewitness who confirms to their signature.
- I think the model that best suits us as the Diaspora is Model C: self-funding. It’s a long term commitment for example having to contribute USD5000 to USD10 000 monthly per member for 5 to 10 years to buy land and develop. If we are going to contribute monthly by the end of 12 months I think it should be made clear now how much each member has to contribute and for how long so that people make up their minds now before we go too far. That’s why it’s important to get to 100 members as definitely some will exit due to various reasons.
- Instead of self-funding for 10 years, that period can be significantly reduced as a result of proceeds from other investments. Let’s think outside the box and we will realize our common goal. The interesting thing is we all want the same, development of our country. That’s means looking at all available opportunities critically.
- This idea of closing group on weekends when we are supposed to be contributing is unfair to us in the USA. We are 7hrs behind you guys. When we wake up we will be trying to catch up and respond but you will be already closing. We are busy people in the diaspora you know it. We do not have free 1hr to sit and go through messages but you read but by bit. So if we are to follow up we are always behind.
- Someone suggested a seal on share certificate because it might be a good idea to make it very authentic.
- We have received positive feedback from ZANU-PF officials.
- Gambakwe will be travelling to Zimbabwe Mid May to continue the discussions.