General Constantino Chiwenga has this evening announced a new 30 day hard lockdown starring on Tuesday 4 January 2020.
The measures announced are as follows:
– Churches, bars, gyms and public gatherings to remain closed.
– Only essential services to remain open.
– Supermarkets to close at 3 pm.
– Curfew 6pm to 6am
– Mining, agriculture and manufacturing to remain open
– Commercial services are suspended
– Inter provincial travel banned
– All to stay at home except for shopping
– Exam classes to open for now
– Only returning residents and commercial trucks to be allowed into Zimbabwe
– Air travel unhindered
– Restaurants, Bottle stores and bars will be closed for 30 days except those serving hotels
– Tourist destinations to remain open subject to the curfew