The Sunday Independent has exclusively revealed that popular South African Based Malawian prophet, Shepherd Bushiri and his wife Mary were smuggled out in Malawian President Lazarus Chakwera’s jet!
The Independent revealed that the plot involved Malawian intelligence operatives at the Pretoria embassy and South African government officials.
Chain of Events
- Bushiri complained to the Malawian Embassy in Pretoria when he was in jail.
- Bushiri was presented with an option to serve a short jail term while his wife was released, but he refused.
- The Malawian Intelligence service hatched the plan to evacuate Bushiri. Bushiri and his wife were given new diplomatic passports with fake names.
- Bushiri’s Children were sent back to Malawi
- Bushiri and his wife were driven to the Waterkloof Airforce Base using an Embassy vehicle.
- Judges were lobbied to ensure Bushiri was released on easy bail terms that did not include freezing his bank account.
- Both Ramaphosa and Chakwera agreed to use Chakwera’s visit to smuggle Bushiri out of the Waterkloof Airforce base.
- However, Military Intelligence officials at Waterkloof Airforce Base questioned three passengers on the plane.
- A fracas ensured as military intelligence wanted to detain the three passengers.
- Naledi Pandor intervened and Bushiri was eventually allowed to leave.
Please read the full story in the Sunday Independent – 22 November 2020