Pastor Evan delivered a powerful sermon on Sunday titled – What Drives You
- God is not interested in your traditions and rituals if you don’t reflect his values of justice to society
- While we still gather in the company of those we worship with, what is driving us?
- God hates and despises religious festivals.
- God is saying there is something that he is not impressed with in the way we relate with him.
- In 2016, Pastor Evan days he began a journey that helped millions of Zimbabweans stand up against corruption.
- Pastor Evan says he made a lot of mistakes but he had to stand up and obey God.
- He was arrested, tortured and his family was threatened with horrible abuse.
- In prison he met many people who were serving life sentences who needed to be comforted.
- The church should not go into self preservation mode.
- We should look for God’s wisdom and reconcile with the community.
- Media, fear, wealth, careers, politics, economics drives us, but is there room for God to drive us?
- God is not insecure and does not want to be reminded everyday that we love him.
- He wants to be represented in society by us.
- Let God Drive you.
- Let God Drive you to forgive.
- Let God drive you to ask for forgiveness to those you have wronged.
- God has given us a mission, we are his hands and his feet to heal a hurting nation.
- Do what is not considered normal.
- Sometimes all what it takes is for us to focus on how we can help heal a hurting nation.
Please watch the video above this post for the full sermon.