MDC-T Secretary-General, Douglas Mwonzora and National Chairman, Morgen Komichi, are holding a press conference in Harare.
The press conference was to give an update on the resolutions of the national council meeting held yesterday, 18 October 2020.
– All 15 provinces were represented in the National Council.
– There was open debate and everyone was allowed to express themselves.
– EOC will be held between the 13th to the 20th of December.
– Nomination will begin on 1st November 2020. The standing committee can choose an earlier date for the EOC if it’s possible.
– An Independent electoral body from ZCTU, churches and International will oversee the elections
– Independent Observers will need to be a credited.
– Chamisa members can not participate in the EOC
– Recalls and expulsions were ratified
– The MDC-T Committed to Dialogue to solve Zimbabwe ‘s current challenges.
– There will be no floor nomination on the day of the EOC