Spotlight Zimbabwe reports that the South African Military is secretly backing General Chiwenga to take over from Mnangagwa as a transitional leader for 3 years before the next harmonized elections.
After the three years, Savior Kasukuwere, who is currently in South Africa, would take over as the new leader of a reformed ZANU-PF.
The online newspaper is often correct on many developments in Zimbabwe and was the first newspaper to report that a coup was going to happen in November 2017.
Key Points In the Spotlight Zimbabwe article
- The recent ANC trip to Zimbabwe was orchestrated by the SA Military who are working with General Chiwenga
- The SA Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula was travelling to Zimbabwe, to meet her counterpart Oppah Muchinguri on a classified mission. Oppah Muchinguri is also the ZANU-PF chairperson.
- The ANC strongly is in favour of Saviour Kasukuwere becoming Zimbabwe President in 2023.
- General Chwienga travelled to South Africa for a treatment. Its possible that the trip was
- Savior Kasukuwere yesterday announced that he is still in ZANU-PF until he is expelled.
ED Mnangagwa has lost the support of the ANC and it is just a matter of time before South Africa openly asks Mnangagwa to step down to save ZANU-PF.