Spotlight Zimbabwe reports that ZANU PF factional fighting has taken a new twist after 6 ZANU PF Provinces that back General Chiwenga wrote a letter to Regional liberation movements asking for help to them recall ED Mnangagwa.
Part of the letter reads:
Concerned members of ZANU PF implore you to intervene, to save the party and the liberation movement from Emmerson Mnangagwa and his clansmen who are dividing Zimbabwe and plundering her resources through corrupt practices which go as high up as the first family.
Concerned members of ZANU PF have launched a save the party campaign and are calling for an extraordinary congress to recall Emmerson Mnangagwa. We ask for your intervention and assistance in ensuring that:
1. The ZANU PF Politburo and Central Committee can openly deliberate on the current situation in Zimbabwe and the way forward for the nation.
2. That the Politburo and Central Committee meetings be chaired by a former head of state from the Former Liberation Movements (Jacob Zuma, Jakaya Kikwete, Joachim Chisano, Sam Nujoma or other assigned by the FLMO) who is impartial, firm and fair.
3. The Politburo and Central Committee meetings should resolve the question whether Emmerson Mnangagwa should face recall through an extra ordinary congress – the matter should be resolved through secret ballot, with members of the Central Committee and politburo allowed to vote in secret.
4. Upon resolving the question the meeting should prescribe a way forward towards unity, peace and development in Zimbabwe.
The people of Zimbabwe have raised valid grievances which need to be addressed with the help of the liberation movements.
ZANU PF is under attack from Emmerson Mnangagwa and his Clansmen who are now holding the party hostage.
Patrick Chinamasa, Tafadzwa Mugwadi and Tendai Chirau speak for themselves to protect their positions as they are appointees who were not elected into the offices they hold. This trio does not speak for the masses of Zimbabwe neither do they speak for ZANU PF.
If Emmerson Mnangagwa has the support and confidence of the party and its members then he should not fear an extraordinary congress, he should allow the people to speak freely and determine if he should continue to lead or face a recall.
Party cadres have started mobilizing for an extraordinary congress and a motion to recall the President.
The party cadres fear a brutal crackdown as Emmerson Mnangagwa and his security ministers have demonstrated that they do not tolerate democracy within the ruling party. ZANU PF cadres need your help and intervention to save the party, the people and the economy of Zimbabwe.
This is a cry for help from fellow comrades, please intervene!
Fellow liberation movements, ZANU PF needs you and the people of Zimbabwe need you before the situation turns into a regional security crisis.
Please act swiftly, and please act now.
Concerned members of ZANU PF
• Harare Province
• Bulawayo Province
• Mashonaland East Province
• Mashonaland West Province
• Matebeleland South Province
• Mashonaland Central province
Mnangagwa strongholds such as Midlands, Masvingo, Matabeleland North, Manicaland are not on the list of provinces that wrote the letter to the liberation movements.
Please read the full letter at Spotlight-z.com