Timoth Tapfumaneyi, popular Zimbabwean comedian and entertainer, well known for his role as Timmy in the ZBC drama: “Timmy na Bhonzo” speaks about his path to stardom. Timmy is now a Producer and Founder and Rocket Media who produce TV Adverts. He is also founder at Rocket Properties.
Date of Birth -?
Place of Birth – Hwedza
1st Primary School – Rambanepasi Primary School
2nd Primary School – Shiriyedenga (Glen Norah) Primary School
1987 Secondary School – Glen Norah 1 High School
– Harare Polytechnic – HND – Library
– BA in Media Studies
– General hand at ZBC (Gardener)
– Promoted to Office Work ( Messenger)
– Promoted to Radio 3 Librarian
– Promoted to Library Manager and Archives for all ZBC Libraries
-Started a program called “Uyu Chake Uyu Chake” with Mudhara Bhonzo it was a 5 minutes program every day.
– Discovered by Jonathan Moyo and began his TV career.
– After the end of Timmy na Bhonzo, He went on to write his own show called Chatsva
2003 – Left ZBC and went into industry ( Mutomba Supermarket)
– NASSA – Gweru as Liason Officer
– Worked in Botswana for 5 years
– 2012 – Joined Old Mutual
– Now a Businessman
– Now part time at Old Mutual
– Timmy ne chikwata
– Timmy na Bhonzo ( Before the death of Bhonzo)
– Movie – Friendship ( Shinzo man) just about to be released
– Self funded, no corporate support for Zimbabwean arts
– No Government support for artists and arts Industry
– Piracy is destroying the finances of Artists
– Timmy was in the same grade with Leornard Zhakata at Glen Norah 1
– Arts Industry if well managed can create Employment
– ZBC Lacks content
– Actors, Actresses should be apolitical
– Great productions should be made for all ages