MDC has resorted to blaming vote rigging for massive loss in the recently held bi-elections in Chiredzi.
MDC has been losing in almost all of the recently held rural bi-elections.
MDC Masvingo Province issued the statement below from one of it’s officials bemoaning massive vote rigging
Good day leadership , I would like to express my experience and lesson in the just ended by-election In Chiredzi south ward 12. As a leader who was on the ground I would like to thank the entire provincial leadership under the provincial chair mr Gumbi. The team contributed resources for our door to campaign from their personal coffers may the spirit persist.
My lesson was that zanu-pf won’t win an election in masvingo in a free and fair environment.
In ward 12 Chiredzi south zanu used several state institutions to support their campaign
• They used DDF to lie about borehole drilling, saying they will drill a borehole for each and every farmer in the ward.
• A grader from DDF was brought though they managed to grade less than 300m of the 30km road that link the two polling stations.
• High presence of state security intimidating the farmers during the night.
• Each and every farmer was given 50kg bag of rice of which is believed to be the once meant for donation to cyclone Idai victims.
• Prior to the voting day they were moving around the farms between 10pm -12pm giving additional 10kg rice as well as they continue to threatens them
• Targeted mdc alliance supporters were threatened and were told not to go and cast their votes , if they oppose their demand they will be dealt with by members of the intelligence.
Advocate Nelson Chamisa MDC Zimbabwe Mdc Leicester Branch